When I was a teenager, I had a sincere fascination with drums and drum sets. My parents wouldn’t ever let me have one, due to the noise level they produce.
Now that I’m older, I still have a fascination with them, only I have considered electronic drum sets. This best electronic drum set under $1000 review will help anyone who has decided to look for an electric drum set.
Electronic Drum Set Reviews
An electronic drum set is the perfect alternative to a regular drum set. The best thing about them is that they sound just like a real drum set, without all the extra noise.
There are some things you need to find out about an electronic drum set before you get one. Here are some things you should look for when you’re looking for an electronic drum set.
|Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series (Editor’s Choice)||34 x 34 x 34 in||12 lb|
|Pyle-Pro PED02M Electronic Thunder Drum Kit||8.5 x 15.8 x 32.5 in||28 lb|
|Yamaha DTX522K Electronic Drum Kit||18.9 x 5.12 x 9.88 in||11.02 lb|
|Alesis DM10 Studio Kit (Editor’s Choice)||47 x 23 x 12.75 in||70.4 lb|
|Yamaha DTX400K 10-Inch Electronic Drum Set||12.4 x 35.1 x 22.7 in||39 lb|
The sound modules are new model. They use the V-Compact design with Super NATURAL sounds for playing. The snare and toms feature a mesh head V-Pad. The cymbals use the acclaimed V-Cymbals for crash and riding.
The drum set is compact and practical for any player. The combination hi-hat keeps everything tight and close. The kick pad gives off a natural feel when playing. The custom stand holds the V-Compact V-Drums.
- The drum set is lightweight
- There are many features available for the drum set
- The pads are comfortable when they’re played
- Everything is adjustable
- It is like an acoustic drum set
- The cymbals sound lacks diversity
- There isn’t a bass kick included
- The instructions for assembly are confusing
One person raved, “It feels great and produces great sound!” This is a drum set that is good for any drummer.
This electronic drum set is compact and comes with everything. There are 11 preset pads that have four different variations. There is a built-in metronome included in the drum set. A built-in MP3 player and recorder is available for customizing music.
A built-in reverb switch is included with the drum set. An A-B looping learning feature is provided for practice. The drum rack is adjustable to any height for any drummer. The cymbal pads have a natural motion and cymbal choke capabilities.
- It has a realistic sound like an acoustic drum set
- The pads are responsive to beats
- The volume is controlled on the console
- It is easy to assemble
- Cables need to be replaced
- Some pads don’t produce a loud enough sound
- The kick tends to double strike
“A solid basic electronic set,” is how one person described it. It’s ideal for anyone trying to learn how to play the drums.
There is an iOS app included with the drum set. It allows for customization, song imports, and training programs. The snare pad is made with 3-zone textured silicon. It produces a realistic feel, dynamic, and includes rim shots.
There are three-zones of expression on the drum set. It has ride, crash, and hi-hat cymbal pads included. There are almost 700 drum and percussion sounds included. It can layer and import different options for a drummer.
- The drum set produces quality sound
- The rubber pads are comfortable to play
- The metal frame is durable and steady
- The pads don’t move when they’re struck
- The hi-hat pedal is difficult to play
- It is limited for experienced players
One person proclaimed, “this kit rocks!” Perfect for beginners.
4. Alesis DM10 Studio Kit | Ten-Piece Professional Electronic Drum Set with Black Aluminum StageRack (Mylar Drum Pads)
The drum set has a DM10 “brain” that is suited for live performances and solo practices. There are over 1000 sounds from a diversity of genres. The pads are sensitive to drum strikes for easy playing ability. The high-definition sound library has hundreds of samples for practicing.This is one of the best electronic drum set for the money you can afford.
A USB/MIDI slot is available for expanding software and modules. The pads on the snare, tom and kick pads use Mylar heads for striking and rebounding. It is compatible with iPad, if there is an Apple USB cord. The drum set allows users to record with a sequencer.
- The assembly is simple
- The feel is excellent
- It is easy to record
- Plenty of apps available for it
- There isn’t a pedal included
- The sound drops quickly when you stop playing
- It produces a loud sound.
“It’s the best drum set that I’ve ever had,” exclaimed an excited user.
5. Yamaha DTX400K 10-Inch Electronic Drum Set – with Drum Throne, Vic Firth 5A Drumsticks and Stereo Headphones
There are almost 300 different sounds included with this drum set. There are ten professional pieces that fit into a compact space. The ride and crash cymbals are large, about 10 inches. The hi-hat is also 10 inches wide.
The drum set includes a drum throne and a pair of drumsticks. There are JVC stereo headphones included with the drum set. Aux input allows the user to plug in different songs. The training functions include an interactive “Voice Guide” for training and practicing.
- It doesn’t produce a lot of noise when it’s played
- It produces a quality sound
- It is easy to assemble
- The drum set is compact
- The pre-loaded sets can’t be modified
- The seat has a warning about chemicals in it
- Some parts of the drum move around
As one person said, “$500 and worth it”. If you don’t want to spend a ton of money, this is an excellent electronic drum set.
When looking for an electric drum set, you want to have the best. To properly find the right electric drum set, you need to answer some questions.
The value section takes some of the most important points of a drum set. Using these questions as a guide will help you make the right decision.
What Material is Better?
- There are two types of material an electric drum set uses. You have a choice of either rubber pads or mesh heads.
- Rubber pads are economical, compact, consistent, and provide excellent rebound. They’re ideal for anyone who travels with their drum set.
- Mesh heads are more realistic, sensitive, and tunable for sound. Mesh heads simulate a real drum set, making it perfect for anyone in a band.
Will it fit in Available Area?
- You should consider where you’re going to put the drum set. Some drum sets are larger than others, which can affect your decision.
- Most electric drum sets are smaller than a regular drum set, so it will fit better. You can also configure your drum set to fit your space.
- If it is too big for a dedicated space, you can turn it into a smaller set. You can change your approach, and try some new techniques.
Are There Tools or Apps Available for it?
- Onboard tools are helpful for anyone wanting to play an electric drum set. You can customize your sound and quality with tools.
- Having access to different apps dedicated to your drum set is also extremely helpful. There are apps available to help you train yourself.
- When the tools and apps are combined, it can make it easier to learn how to play on the electric drum set. Plus, those tools and apps have songs included for extra practice.
Is the Drum set Durable?
- It’s easy to determine the durability of a drum set. You can walk into a music shop, and look at the displays to see how they’re holding up.
- Looking at the drum sets allow you to pinpoint whether something is broken or not working properly.
- If you can’t find the brand you’re looking for in a music shop, you can always check out the manufacturer online. Doing a little bit of research will save you a lot of time and money.
As far as drum sets go, it’s important to find what you want and what you want to do with it. There are so many brands and styles available, it’s difficult to find the perfect one. If you’re looking for a drum set, the Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Series Electronic Drum Set is an excellent choice. The sound quality is excellent, and ideal for those who want an authentic sound.
There are plenty of apps available for practicing any song you want to download. The parts of the drum set are adjustable, making it ideal for multiple people to play on it. The drum set is easy to play any song, and it comfortable for anyone to play.